With healthy eating on the rise, good foods like Pomegranates and healthy drinks like Matcha green tea are gaining popularity. Pomegranate seeds are very delicious as well as being extremely good for you and your body. There are an absolute ton of health benefits associated with eating pomegranates, here are just of few of the good things you can expect from eating this no-longer-forbidden fruit!
- Eating a Pomegranate can help fight cancer. In men, prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in men, though they can also develop breast cancer, which is the most common type of cancer found in women. Eating pomegranates will actually help prevent and fight both of these types of cancer. Whether you are drinking pomegranate juice or eating it straight from the source, it is definitely good for you!
- Drinking pomegranate juice can actually lower your risk of getting heart disease, which is the most common cause of premature death in the world. Heart disease is a very complicated disease with many different factors involved and Punicic acid, the main fatty acid in pomegranates, can help protect against several of these factors. It can also help improve the cholesterol profile as well as protect LDL cholesterol from oxidative damage!
- Drinking pomegranate juice can also help treat erectile dysfunction. Damage from oxidation can impair blood flow to every part of your body, which can affect the ability to get an erection. Pomegranate juice helps by increasing blood flow and has been shown to increase erectile response in rabbits as well as with human males, so there is something in common there.
- Pomegranate has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects on the body. Chronic inflammation is a symptom of many killer diseases such as heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and obesity. By lowering the inflammation, victims of these diseases have a better chance of surviving.
- Pomegranate can lower blood pressure. Hypertension, high blood pressure, is one of the main causes of heart attacks and strokes. By regularly eating pomegranates or drinking pomegranate juice, you can lower your blood pressure, therefore lowering your chances of having a heart attack or a stroke.
- Pomegranate can actually help fight arthritis and joint pain. In Western countries especially, arthritis is a common issue and most types involve inflammation in the joints. Since pomegranate has quite a few anti-inflammatory effects, it can help reduce the inflammation in the joints and help treat arthritis.
See why we love pomegranates? They’re healthy, good for you, and taste great! What more could you ask for?